If you naturally have thin brows, you were probably pretty happy during the 90s and early 2000s because that look was the rage back then, however, thicker and fuller brows have now become the norm. You will find them in actresses, on the runway, in magazines and so on. Which is why a lot of women end up spending a lot of money on brow products to naturally thicken their brows or use makeup to create a thicker shape. Another way to achieve a more semi-permanent result is to opt for microblading.
Micro-blading is basically a procedure that deposits pigment on the skin around your brows, creating a fuller brow which can last for a period of 12-32 months depending on maintenance, touch-ups and other factors. With microblading, you can either do it yourself, you can simply buy microblading supplies online for the job, or you can get it done professionally, regardless of how you get them done, there are some things you need to know beforehand.
- Do not just jump into the process blindly, it is important that you educate yourself and get as much information as you can regardless of whether you are doing it professionally or at home. This is to ensure that you don’t end up making any mistakes.
- While microblading will give you fuller brows, you need to have realisitic expectations about the outcome. If you naturally have pencil-thin eyebrows, microblading will not give you eyebrows like Lily Collins. They will do their job, but within a reasonable limit.
- Pay attention during the healing period by avoiding touching the skin and applying healing ointment.
- Microblading requires a number of sessions to be done properly, you cannot skip sessions and maintenance sessions as you please.
- Avoid using makeup during the healing period in order to avoid any complications.