For those of you who aren’t familiar with the term or profession, conveyancing is the process of transferring property ownership regardless of whether you are buying or selling your property. They handle a number of tasks ranging from giving you legal advice and counselling, drafting and dealing with contracts, carrying out searches in the local city council, as well as dealing with the land registry and handling the transfer of funds regardless of whether you are the buyer or the seller of the property.
So, a lot of responsibility rests on their shoulders, which is why you want to make sure you pick the right one for you. There are numerous firms or independent companies offering services amongst Brisbane conveyancers. You can keep reading the following checklist below for a better idea.
- This sounds basic, but you need someone with the necessary degree and certifications proving their eligibility and credibility. You want to make sure that they are licensed to practiced and have passed the bar. Do not opt for anyone who refuses to prove their credibility or claims to be an “expert” otherwise.
- Do not underestimate the power of word of mouth. Ask around your family and social circle about who they used and how their experience with a certain solicitor or firm was.
- You can also look up registries online and then look for reviews for different solicitors online from multiple forums and people to get a better idea.
- Experience is a very important factor that should not be overlooked. Experienced solicitors make the entire process a lot smoother and you get done quicker.
- Compare their price quote and service charges and then compare it amongst other solicitors and conveyances in your area for a better idea and to be sure that you aren’t being cheated in any way.